Sunday, December 30, 2007

Historic Places/Sights

Whew! This vacation is getting quite tiring. But it is some of the most fun I have ever had, especially because I get to be with my lovely wife the whole time. Now that we have gone to some nice romantic sites in France, we thought that we would visit some historical sites:

La Sainte-Chapelle – a gothic chapel in the heart of Paris; is the high point of the full tide of the rayonette period of gothic architecture

Gallo-Roman Amphitheatre – a well preserved Gallo-Roman theatre/amphitheatre at Drevant; this site also has two bath houses and a forum

Carcassone - a huge walled city in the Region of Languedoc Roussillon; this site has over two thousand years of history and is still home to one hundred twenty people today

I have always been especially fond of amphitheaters (probably due to the fact that I have studied Roman history so much).


No comments: