Wednesday, January 2, 2008

French Food And Drinks


Good news: my wife and I are getting along again! It turns out that I forgot to tell her that we didn't have to pay for anything. Oops. Well, we "made up" for our arguments. Anyway, I would like to comment about the great food in France. It's really good! I look forward to all of my meals! Here are some of the foods that I found especially tasty:


- Crêpe: a thin pancake often filled with cheese, meat, and/or sweets


- Croissant: a nice pasty that is eaten for breakfast

- Crème brûlée: a desert consisting of of a rich custard base topped with a layer of hard caramel, created by burning sugar under a grill or other intense heat source

- Blanquette de veau: a dish consisting veal, onions, and mushrooms in a thich sauce

- Bouillabaisse: a stew containing many herbs, spices, and fish shells

- Éclair: a doughnut without a hole, covered in chocolate and filled with cream

Despite the tasty and unique food throughout France, I have not found any special drinks. French people seem to drink a lot of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, wine, and orange juice.

No comments: